Pages

Monday, 26 August 2013

Fishtank's progress

Hello neglected blog. You'd think being unemployed would have given me more time but noooooo, spent most of my time on the kiddo. =)

I finally left my contract stint. Yeay. I've been aggressively sending out resumes, diligently going for interviews but nothing good so far. I was offered a position but the location and how the recruitment agent was lying made me turn down the offer. Just being a little choosy this time round.

Renovation is still ongoing at a comfortable pace. But here's how my tiny 4-room unit looks like pre-renovation.

Open the main door and this is what you'll see. Living room.

View from the window side of the living room. Next to the main door is the entrance to the kitchen.

Kitchen + Service Balcony
Bedrooom.

Bathroom.

Bare. We opted out of the HDB standard flooring and door which is probably why our renovation quote is a little on the high side. If we had the flooring and doors, the quote could have easily been $14K.

Renovation was scheduled to start on 1 Aug but because the electricity and water supply weren't activated, the workers had to abandon work for the day. We came by later that day to get them activated and were pleasantly surprised with the amount of sand in the living room. Heh.



diL and I didn't really feel we need to closely monitor the renovation progress so we only checked on things during the weekends. It was also easier since we won't be disturbing the workers. Kinda trusted renoguy that things will run smoothly. So on 3 Aug, we went back to the house. Tiles for the living room were almost done. =)


Grey, matte tiles. We initially chose pretty glittery bronze tiles but they were out of stock. Sad.
diL wanted an open concept kitchen with a bar top for lazy days. Hence, a portion of the kitchen wall was hacked away.
Permit that was required for the hacking.

Bye, bye wall!

diL checking out the wiring, false ceiling and the trunking for the aircon.
Those are the only pictures I currently have. Renoguy mentioned that the house has been painted and the flooring for the rooms will be completed this week. Efficient.

3 comments:

nhymhart sobrevega said...

You're so interesting! I don't think I've read a single thing like that before. So wonderful to find another person with unique thoughts on this subject. Really.. thank you for starting this up. This web site is one thing that is required on the internet, someone with a bit of originality.visit my web blog..best online betting sitesThanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending the time to discuss this matter here on your site.

Erda Bini Nazri said...

y u no blog no more boobster!

Nora said...

Just prasan your msg! See lah, I need to squeeze in skiving time.

Post a Comment