Pages

Thursday, 16 May 2013

Saw this in my FB newsfeed. Motherhood has made me a wuss for things like these.

Maybe that’s why I look into my children’s eyes when they speak, even though I’ve heard that story ten times already.
Maybe that’s why I pay attention when they say, “Watch me, Mama!” And not only do I watch, but I say, “I see you, baby. I see you!”
Maybe that’s why I say, “I’m the luckiest mom in the world,” even on days when I don’t feel like it.
Maybe that’s why I look for the good, always the good in my children, even when I have to dig a little to find it.

Because loving a person means seeing her, really seeing her, above the distractions, the chaos, the mess, and the imperfections.
Loving a person means seeing her with so much love in your eyes that you can’t hold back the tears.

Because you are her parent and she is your child.
And you couldn’t bear the thought of her belonging to anyone else.

0 comments:

Post a Comment